The AchilloTrain incorporates the latest in sports science technology to form an active ankle brace that relieves the Achilles tendon.
The ankle brace provides a threefold therapeutic effect: it relieves Achilles tendon pain, distributes pressure evenly to reduce impact, and produces a soothing massage effect that helps prevent fluid build-up.
A uniquely developed pressure pad runs along the Achilles tendon to produce a gentle massaging effect for improved proprioception and pain relief. A heel wedge cushion lifts the ankle slightly to take strain off the tendon itself. The ankle support's unique 3D weave is moisture wicking and provides all day comfort.
The AchilloTrain is ideal for treating Achilles pain, heel swelling, Achilles tendinitis, and post-surgery ruptures. For acute and chronic Achilles tendon support we recommend using the AchilloTrain Pro.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Ensures a comfortable fit without constricting movement, bunching or slipping. Improves circulation.
- Contoured gel insert – Running along the Achilles tendon, the pad provides a massaging effect to help reduce swelling.
- Stretchy knit material – Breathable and comfortable fabric is machine-washable in the gentle cycle, which helps maintain its elasticity and original fit.
- Heel wedge cushion - Sits under the heel for added pain relief.
- Universal - Same version can be used for both the right and left foot.
- Graduated compression between Class 2 and Class 3 to assist in pain management.
Items must be in original condition, with original undamaged packaging and not have been used apart for testing for correct sizing.
Delivery timings are:
• Standard Free Shipping: 2-4 business days
• Express Shipping: Usually next business day
How to achieve the perfect fit
Click the Measure & Buy button above.
You will need to have a measuring tape.
Measure the circumference of your ankle at the narrowest point.
The AchilloTrain should feel snug and firm around the ankle but not constrictive. All Bauerfeind ankle braces have a 1 year warranty and qualify for our 30 day size exchange policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best ankle brace for treating pain in the Achilles tendon?
The Achilles tendon is located on the back of the lower leg, connecting the calf muscles to the heel bone. We recommend wearing the AchilloTrain to treat Achilles tendon problems such as:
- Achillodynia is the condition where the Achilles tendon is painful due to the inflammation of the Achilles tendon (Achilles tendinitis/ tendinosis or paratendinitis).
- Achilles bursa (Achilles tendon bursitis).
- Chronic pain in the Achilles tendon that is caused due to rupturing of the Achilles tendon, microtears in the Achilles area or post-operation.
What is the difference between Achillotrain and the Achillotrain Pro?
For Achilles pain located towards the heel we recommend using either the AchilloTrain or the AchilloTrain Pro. For pain located further up the Achilles tendon we recommend using the AchilloTrain Pro.
The AchilloTrain has a tendon pad which runs alongside the Achilles tendon which provides a massaging effect for pain relief. It also includes an integrated heel cushion, providing a slight lift to the heel, which can aid with pain relief.
The AchilloTrain Pro, on the other hand, has a butterfly-shaped viscoelastic pad with nodules that run across the Achilles tendon extending up to the calf muscles. The nodules provide a frictional massage which accelerate the healing process by improving blood circulation as well as providing pain relief.
What is a good ankle brace for Haglund’s deformity?
Haglund’s deformity is a condition where the bone at the back of the heel enlarges. When the bony enlargement rubs against the shoe surface on a daily basis, it irritates the Achilles tendon. This causes inflammation and pain of the bursa (a fluid-filled sac which cushions the ankle bone and tendon) known as ankle bursitis.
We recommend wearing the AchilloTrain to relieve the pain. If your ankle pain spreads through to the calf muscles, we recommend using the AchilloTrain Pro for extended support up to the calf muscle.
Do you provide an extra heel cushion for the unaffected leg?
Yes, we provide a separate heel cushion for the unaffected leg to offset the length difference caused by the integrated viscoelastic heel wedge in the AchilloTrain.
What is this item's TGA certification number?
You might also likeShop All
Made In Germany
For decades, Bauerfeind has been developing highly effective sports and medical aids to help top international athletes, including at the Olympic Games.
At the Bauerfeind Innovation Center, we continually develop our products, drawing on all the experience we have gained in the world of elite sport. For this reason, you can be 100% confident that all Bauerfeind products always reflect the latest findings in sports science.