The AchilloTrain ankle support effectively provides relief to the Achilles tendon and heel of the foot.
The AchilloTrain ankle support features a heel wedge cushion which lifts the ankle to relieve strain on the Achilles tendon and effectively absorb shock upon ground contact. A separate heel cushion is provided for the unaffected leg to offset the lift difference.
Similar to the AchilloTrain Pro, the AchilloTrain ankle support features a massaging gel pad which runs along the Achilles tendon. This gel pad massages the tendon area during movement to reduce swelling and provide pain relief.
The AchilloTrain Ankle Support is ideal for treating Achilles pain, heel pain and Achilles tendinitis located closer to the heel of the foot. For Achilles tendon support further along the tendon and closer to the calf muscle, we recommend using the AchilloTrain Pro Ankle Support.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Ensures a comfortable fit without constricting movement, bunching or slipping. Improves circulation.
- Contoured gel insert – Running along the Achilles tendon, the pad provides a massaging effect to help reduce swelling.
- Stretchy knit material – Breathable and comfortable fabric is machine-washable in the gentle cycle, which helps maintain its elasticity and original fit.
- Heel wedge cushion - Sits under the heel for added pain relief. An additional heel cushion is provided for the unaffected foot.
- Graduated compression between Class 2 and Class 3 to assist in pain management.
Items must be in original condition, with original undamaged packaging and not have been used apart for testing for correct sizing.
Delivery timings are:
• Standard Free Shipping: 2-4 business days
• Express Shipping: Usually next business day
How to achieve the perfect fit
Click the Measure & Buy button above.
Measure the circumference of your ankle at the narrowest point.
The AchilloTrain should feel snug and supportive around the ankle but not constrictive.
All Bauerfeind ankle braces have a 1 year warranty and qualify for our 30 day size exchange policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best ankle brace for treating pain in the Achilles tendon?
The Achilles tendon is located on the back of the lower leg, connecting the calf muscles to the heel bone. We recommend wearing the AchilloTrain to treat Achilles tendon problems such as:
- Achillodynia is the condition where the Achilles tendon is painful due to the inflammation of the Achilles tendon (Achilles tendinitis/ tendinosis or paratendinitis).
- Achilles bursa (Achilles tendon bursitis).
- Chronic pain in the Achilles tendon that is caused due to rupturing of the Achilles tendon, microtears in the Achilles area or post-operation.
What is the difference between Achillotrain and the Achillotrain Pro?
For Achilles pain located towards the heel we recommend using either the AchilloTrain or the AchilloTrain Pro. For pain located further up the Achilles tendon we recommend using the AchilloTrain Pro.
The AchilloTrain has a tendon pad which runs alongside the Achilles tendon which provides a massaging effect for pain relief. It also includes an integrated heel cushion, providing a slight lift to the heel, which can aid with pain relief.
The AchilloTrain Pro, on the other hand, has a butterfly-shaped viscoelastic pad with nodules that run across the Achilles tendon extending up to the calf muscles. The nodules provide a frictional massage which accelerate the healing process by improving blood circulation as well as providing pain relief.
What is a good ankle brace for Haglund’s deformity?
Haglund’s deformity is a condition where the bone at the back of the heel enlarges. When the bony enlargement rubs against the shoe surface on a daily basis, it irritates the Achilles tendon. This causes inflammation and pain of the bursa (a fluid-filled sac which cushions the ankle bone and tendon) known as ankle bursitis.
We recommend wearing the AchilloTrain to relieve the pain. If your ankle pain spreads through to the calf muscles, we recommend using the AchilloTrain Pro for extended support up to the calf muscle.
Do you provide an extra heel cushion for the unaffected leg?
Yes, we provide a separate heel cushion for the unaffected leg to offset the length difference caused by the integrated viscoelastic heel wedge in the AchilloTrain.
What is this item's TGA certification number?
You might also likeShop All Slide for More
Made In Germany
For decades, Bauerfeind has been developing highly effective sports and medical aids to help top international athletes, including at the Olympic Games.
At the Bauerfeind Innovation Center, we continually develop our products, drawing on all the experience we have gained in the world of elite sport. For this reason, you can be 100% confident that all Bauerfeind products always reflect the latest findings in sports science.