HOW CAN I RELIEVE PAIN AND DISCOMFORT FROM PLANTAR FASCIITIS?
One of the most common causes of heel pain is plantar fasciitis. The pain occurs due to overstretching or repetitive loading of the plantar fascia (strong thick tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot), causing it to be inflamed over time. Risk factors include high-intensity physical activities like running that places lots of stress on the heel, being overweight or flat foot arches. Those affected may experience a dull or sharp pain at the base of their foot.
Bauerfeind’s high-quality insoles with medical-grade supports target the symptoms of plantar fasciitis to provide optimal pain relief and protection. Made with high-quality polyurethane foam, our insoles offer optimal cushioning and flexibility to help you stand or walk around for longer.
HOW TO TREAT PAIN CAUSED BY PLANTAR FASCIITIS?
- Rest. Give your feet plenty of rest to help ease the stress and tension being put on it.
- Insoles and correct footwear. Orthotics and shoes with good support and cushioning will be highly beneficial.
- Allied Health Professional Treatment. Your physiotherapist or podiatrist may prescribe you with specific stretching and strengthening exercises
- Anti-inflammatory medicines. Medications may be prescribed by your doctor to ease pain and inflammation
- Severe or persistent should be investigated by your doctor or podiatrist.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent feet pain.