HOW AM I ABLE TO PREVENT OR AVOID AN ELBOW INJURY WHEN I PLAY BASKETBALL?
Dribbling, passing, catching, and shooting the basketball means that the elbows can get overworked during a basketball game. Common elbow injuries found in basketballers include tendinitis, bursitis, sprains and strains.
A Bauerfeind elbow brace and support both protects and helps with the treatment through the provision of enhanced stability, proprioception (2) and medical-grade compression. Bauerfeind elbow braces also help to promote blood flow with the use of our 3D weaved medical grade compression, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces. The EpiPoint Elbow Strap is good for basketball elbow pain as it provides targeted tendon relief. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to dribble down a court, catch and shoot.
HOW TO TREAT A BASKETBALL ELBOW INJURYWe recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common AFL injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery however prevention is always better than cure.
- Tendinitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Bursitis. Anti-inflammatory medications or cortisone injections may be recommended to help with pain and swelling. If surgery is requires, the entire bursa may be removed; it will usually grow back over the course of several months and function normally.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.
View this post on Instagram
@washwizards know what’s up with the prevention and support of a GenuTrain knee brace 😏 . . . #washingtonwizards #washwizards #washwizardsnation #basketball #nba #nbafinals #nbaplayoffs #basketballislife #basketballgame #genutrain #kneebrace #bauerfeind #motionislife #bauerfeindsports
BEST ELBOW BRACES FOR BASKETBALL
An elbow brace for severe and chronic elbow pain such as golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow.
The EpiTrain elbow brace offers scientifically targeted support to relieve symptoms of tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
The brace supports your elbow’s natural movement without impacting mobility.
Two stabilising pads are built into the brace to provide a massaging effect to the inflamed area for pain relief.
Adjustable strap to increase compression for when it's needed most.
- Same version for right and left
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- Reduced compression at edges to help blood flow
An elbow strap to support and relieve tendon pain such as golf and tennis elbow.
The EpiPoint elbow strap has been engineered for targeted relief of the elbow tendon.
The support fastens around the forearm with an adjustable band that lets you set the level of compression. This encourages oxygen and nutrients within the lower arm for healing and pain relief.
- Elastic adjustable band allows dynamic pressure adjustment
- The red warning section indicates excessive pressure
- The same version for right and left
- Universal sizing