WHAT IS THE BEST ELBOW SUPPORT FOR TENNIS?
Tennis elbow injuries are so common they have their own title- Tennis elbow! Tennis elbow, also called lateral epicondylitis, occurs due to overuse of the elbow muscle due to the swinging movement. It causes pain on the outside of your elbow, unlike Golfer's elbow where the pain is on the inside. Bauerfeind supports and braces have medical-grade compression which provides improved circulation and lactic acid elimination. This prevents sprains and severe injuries as the muscles are well-oxygenated and supplied with nutrients.
A Bauerfeind elbow support both protects the elbow to prevent injury and aids with the treatment by enhancing stability and proprioception. The 3D weaved breathable moisture-wicking fabric is unique to Bauerfeind supports and braces, not found in neoprene sleeves and braces. A good support for tennis elbow us the Sports Elbow Support which delivers stabilises your joint without limiting your ability to serve, volley, smash a ball and win your next set.
HOW TO TREAT A TENNIS ELBOW INJURYWe recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common tennis elbow injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery however prevention is always better than cure.
- Tendinitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Stress Fractures. Consult a sports medicine doctor X-rays. Recommended treatments include rest, anti-inflammatory medication, stretching, and muscle strengthening exercise. Stress fractures take about six weeks to heal.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.
BEST SUPPORT FOR TENNIS ELBOW
An elbow brace for severe and chronic elbow pain such as tennis elbow or tennis elbow.
The EpiTrain elbow brace offers scientifically targeted support to relieve symptoms of tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
The brace supports your elbow’s natural movement without impacting mobility.
Two stabilising pads are built into the brace to provide a massaging effect to the inflamed area for pain relief.
Adjustable strap to increase compression for when it's needed most.
- Same version for right and left
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- Reduced compression at edges to help blood flow
An elbow strap to support and relieve tendon pain such as golf and tennis elbow.
The EpiPoint elbow strap has been engineered for targeted relief of the elbow tendon.
The support fastens around the forearm with an adjustable band that lets you set the level of compression. This encourages oxygen and nutrients within the lower arm for healing and pain relief.
- Elastic adjustable band allows dynamic pressure adjustment
- The red warning section indicates excessive pressure
- The same version for right and left
- Universal sizing