IS IT OKAY TO RUN AFTER A MENISCUS TEAR?
The meniscus is one of the most common knee structures to be injured. Damage to the meniscus can result from trauma, either from sports or recreational activities that involve high impact twisting motions and running. In the older adult, the tear could be from age-related degradation of the meniscus.
Depending on the level and severity of your meniscus pain, you can often continue running. Many runners end up back on the road after meniscus tears. If in doubt, consult a medical professional.
A good knee brace for an advanced meniscus tear and pain is the GenuTrain S, which is a hinged knee support that provides extra stability.
Bauerfeind’s high-quality supports or braces with medical-grade compression is designed to provide pain relief and stability. Our knit material and special viscoelastic cushioned pads make for a comfortable brace to complement your recovery process.
HOW TO TREAT PAIN CAUSED BY A TORN MENISCUS?
- Regularly apply ice packs in the first few days to the affected area to help reduce swelling and pain.
- Stretching and strengthening exercises, especially for your quadriceps muscles. Your doctor can recommend a physical therapist to teach you what to do.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and analgesic may be helpful.
- Severe or persistent pain should be investigated by your doctor.
- For more advanced meniscus injuries, surgery may be recommended by your doctor.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.
View this post on Instagram
@thehilaryann zooming through the Himalayas in the Sports Compression Socks Run & Walk 👣👣👣. #motionislife . . . . . . #bauerfeindsports #sports #football #training #bauerfeindaustralia #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #gym #sportswear #running #runningmotivation #marathontraining