HOW CAN I PREVENT OR AVOID A KNEE INJURY WHILE PLAYING BOWLS?
Wearing a Bauerfeind brace or knee support can minimise your chances of injury by providing enhanced stability, proprioception and moisture-wicking medical-grade compression. Some of the most common forms of injury while playing bowls include fractures, strains and sprains.
Bauerfeind knee braces assist with healing using medical grade compression, a factor not found when using basic neoprene sleeves and braces. The GenuTrain S is designed for those who have already had medium to serious knee injuries and are seeking support during sporting activities. The added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to back bowl, backhand draw and deliver a bowl.
View this post on Instagram
Genutrain Knee Brace is an advanced knee brace for pain and misalignment of the knee cap 🦵. Frequently used by professional athletes and amateur sportspeople 🤽♂️🤼♀️. @bauerfeinditalia . . . . . #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #sports #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #bauerfeind
BEST KNEE BRACES FOR PLAYING BOWLS
An award-winning knee brace that provides targeted support for pain relief and stabilisation of the knee.
If your knee is weak, swollen, painful or recovering from an injury, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain knee brace will help provide you with relief and stability.
- Integrated donning aid allows you to easily put on the knee brace
- Soft hollow of the knee for enhanced wearing comfort
- Three-dimensional active knit for an ideal fit and optimal neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Omega pad improves neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Meniscus wings to help relieve meniscus pain
- Hoffa pads provide pressure relief
An advanced knee brace for treating pain and misalignment of the kneecap, often caused by injury related to sports.
The GenuTrain P3 is ideal for pain caused by misalignment of the kneecap (patellar lateralisation), femoropatellar pain syndrome (anterior knee pain), ACL and MCL injury or pain associated with patellar tip syndrome. Unique 3D weave is breathable, moisture wicking and provides all day comfort.
- Patella cover – Counteracts the tilting of the patella.
- Corrective strap – can be individually adjusted for optimal kneecap control.
- Pad wing – Proximal extension as far as the vastus medialis muscle, and improved proprioception.
- Ring-shaped soft pad – Surrounds the kneecap to center it for stability.
- Wedge-shaped Hoffa soft pads – Two pressure points on the pad relieve strain on the area below the knee, which can frequently cause pain.
An knee brace for arthritis designed especially for active seniors who need support of complex, chronic arthritic knee pain.
If you suffer from osteoarthritis or degenerative knee pain, the clinically developed GenuTrain A3 knee brace can provide pain relief and targeted support for your knee joint. It is also suitable to treat minor meniscal strains and micro-tears.
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Expansion zone in the calf area makes it easier to put on
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
An active knee brace designed especially for active seniors who need support of complex, chronic arthritic knee pain.
The hinged knee brace was engineered using Bauerfeind’s gradient compression, lateral joint splints and a viscoelastic pad to provide active protection of the knee.
The joint splints guide the knee, providing lateral movement support while keeping the area stable. This improves sensorimotor function for maximum movement control.
- Three-dimensional fabric – Automatically conforms to the body’s natural shape for ideal fit and optimal joint stabilisation.
- Adjustable straps – Lets you control the amount of pressure for a better fit and right amount of support
- Joint side bars – Straps connect directly to side bars for superior stability in the knee and surrounding area.
- Reduced pressure at the edges – Prevents constriction.
HOW CAN BOWLS CAUSE KNEE PAIN?
A common cause of knee pain during or after lawn bowls could be from an underlying condition such as osteoarthritis. Although bowls is a relatively low impact sport, it can still place major stress on the joint. Make sure to perform warm up and cool down stretching and exercise before playing.
HOW TO TREAT A BOWLS KNEE INJURY?
We recommend seeking treatment from a physiotherapist for treating a bowls injury. They may recommend one the following treatments.
- Patellar tendonitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Arthritis of the Knee. Non-surgical treatment options for severe knee arthritis include physiotherapy exercises, applications of ice or heat and using supportive devices.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.