WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HELP WITH PAIN FROM A HAMSTRING TEAR?
A hamstring tear or sprain can occur from overstretching 1-3 muscles that are located on the back of your thigh. The level of injury may vary from a mild strain/tear to a total rupture. This can be caused when the muscles are overloaded, or move too fast in an explosive action such as sprinting or jumping. Common symptoms of a hamstring tear include pain, stiffness and swelling, bruising and an inability to properly walk or stand.
Bauerfeind’s high-quality supports or braces with medical-grade compression target the symptoms and instabilities associated with pain from a hamstring tear. The MyoTrain thigh brace is engneered to minimise the pain and tension you may feel in your hamstrings. The velcro straps and soft knit provides optimal compression for increased blood flow to allow for a comfortable wear as you make your way to recovery.
HOW TO HELP MINIMISE OR MANAGE HAMSTRING PAIN WHEN IT IS TORN?
- Physical therapy. Strengthening exercises prescribed from your physiotherapist or exercise physiologist help to build your hamstring muscles and prevent risks of re-injury.
- Stretching. Lessen stiffness and reduce pain through stretching exercises.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and analgesic may be helpful for pain management.
- Support and brace. A Bauerfeind brace offers enhanced stability, proprioception and medical-grade compression, which targets specific joints and relieves pain.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.
View this post on Instagram
Olympian, Catherine Obarguen, is a triple threat in long jump, high jump and triple jump. She wears the MyoTrain Thigh Brace, great for: ✔️ an alternative to taping ✔️ pain relief ✔️ accelerated healing . . . #caterineobarguen #brazilianathlete #athlete #olympians #olympics #longjump #trackandfield #athleticslongjump #myotrain #bauerfeind #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife
BEST BRACES FOR A HAMSTRING TEAR
Support for injuries to the thigh or hamstring muscle.
Medical-grade gradient compression is integrated in the 3D Airknit technology, delivering oxygen and nutrients to the upper leg for faster healing and pain relief.
- Two soft pads can be inserted for targeted gentle pressure on the injured area
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- Same version for left and right
Feel instantly stronger using Bauerfeind's thigh compression sleeve.
The Bauerfeind sports compression sleeves for the upper leg allow your thighs and hamstrings to receive a better supply of oxygen, perform more efficiently, and recover more quickly.
Due to the added circulation and increased supply of oxygen from Bauerfeind's unique gradient compression, your sensorimotor function is improved. This helps you improve your performance during athletic activities.
HOW DO I PREVENT HAMSTRING TEARS?
Stretching before and after exercise will help prevent hamstring tears. This will stretch and strengthen your hamstring muscles and increase their flexibility. Use resistance exercises to build the strength of your hamstring muscles.