HOW CAN I PREVENT OR AVOID A SHOULDER INJURY FROM NETBALL?
Shoulder pain and injury can often keep netball players sidelined. Wearing a Bauerfeind brace or shoulder support can reduce your chances of injury through increased stability, proprioception (2) and moisture-wicking medical-grade compression. Some of the most common forms of injury while playing netball include rotator cuff tendinitis, bursitis, rotator cuff tear. Bauerfeind shoulder braces have a unique design that guides and centres the arm in the socket ensuring a stable shoulder, yet allowing full mobility. A good shoulder brace for netball includes the OmoTrain, which relieves injured or strained shoulders. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to run down the court, defend or shoot a goal.
HOW TO TREAT COMMON SHOULDER INJURIES FROM NETBALLWe recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common netball shoulder injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A physiotherapist can assist with the recovery as well. If the sprain is more severe you may require surgery.
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis. Tendinitis occurs overtime due to repetitive and prolonged shoulder movements, which results in inflamed or irritated tendons. It can be treated through adequate rest and avoidance of activities that cause pain, anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy and steroid injections. For more severe symptoms, surgery would be an appropriate treatment option.
View this post on Instagram
Sergio Ramos sure knows how to take good care of his shoulder! We spy a Bauerfeind OmoTrain shoulder brace - suits you well Sergio 👍🏻⚽ Who’s your favourite to win the World Cup final this coming Monday - France 🇫🇷 or Croatia 🇭🇷 ? #bauerfeind #bauerfeindaustralia #sydney #sydneycbd #motionislife #bestincompression #thisiscompression #realcompression #omotrain #sergioramos #ramos #soccer #worldcup2018 #worldcup #spain #france #croatia #shoulders #sport #active
BEST SHOUDLER BRACES FOR NETBALL
A shoulder brace for the relief of injured or strained shoulders. Provides stability for the shoulder joint.
The Omotrain guides and centres the arm in the socket so the shoulder maintains proper natural movement, without impacting your mobility. Strapping runs across back and hips, so it won't impinge upon the chest area. The OmoTrain can be worn on either the left or right shoulder.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear, gentle on your skin and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle.
- Viscoelastic soft pad – Massaging nubs reduce swelling and relieve pain in the soft tissue.
- High elasticity – Makes it easy to put the shoulder support on and take it off.
- Strap system – Secures the brace to your body and centres the shoulder for stability and pain relief.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Less compression at the edges for an optimal and comfortable fit that improves circulation.
- The special chest-free wearing system – leaves the chest area free and does not restrict breathing for excellent wearing comfort.
WHY DO MY SHOULDERS HURT DURING NETBALL?
In netball, your shoulders are engaged in passing, receiving and serving the ball, all of which can lead to shoulder injury. Overuse can lead to shoulder bursitis, rotator cuff injury and other conditions.