HOW CAN I PREVENT OR AVOID A SHOULDER INJURY WHILE PLAYING BASKETBALL?
Shoulder pain can often keep basketball players sidelined. Wearing a Bauerfeind brace or shoulder support can reduce your chances of injury through enhanced stability, proprioception (2) and medical-grade compression. Some of the most common forms of injury while playing basketball include rotator cuff tendinitis, bursitis, and rotator cuff tear. Bauerfeind shoulder braces have a unique design that guides and centres the arm in the socket ensuring a stable shoulder, yet having full mobility. A good shoulder brace for basketball includes the OmoTrain for the relief of injured or strained shoulder. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to dribble down a court or complete your next layup.
View this post on Instagram
Great to have Manly Sea Eagles player Brendan Elliot come in earlier this month for some extra support for his shoulder, hamstring and some pretty serious compression gear for recovery 💪 . . . #brendanelliot #manlyseaeagles #rugbyleague #rugby #aussiefootball #bauerfeind #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife #football #league #vip #gym #rugbyplayer #rugbyfamily #sport #rugbylife #workout #nrl
BEST SHOUDLER BRACES FOR BASKETBALL
A shoulder brace for the relief of injured or strained shoulders. Provides stability for the shoulder joint.
The Omotrain guides and centres the arm in the socket so the shoulder maintains proper natural movement, without impacting your mobility. Strapping runs across back and hips, so it won't impinge upon the chest area. The OmoTrain can be worn on either the left or right shoulder.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear, gentle on your skin and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle.
- Viscoelastic soft pad – Massaging nubs reduce swelling and relieve pain in the soft tissue.
- High elasticity – Makes it easy to put the shoulder support on and take it off.
- Strap system – Secures the brace to your body and centres the shoulder for stability and pain relief.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Less compression at the edges for an optimal and comfortable fit that improves circulation.
- The special chest-free wearing system – leaves the chest area free and does not restrict breathing for excellent wearing comfort.
SHOULD I WEAR A SHOULDER BRACE WHEN PLAYING BASKETBALL?
Basketball is a high impact sport that places load and strain on your shoulders, especially your rotator cuffs. A shoulder brace will help support and stabilise that joint and massage the muscles for increased activation.
HOW TO TREAT COMMON SHOULDER INJURIES FROM BASKETBALL?We recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common basketball shoulder injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A physiotherapist can assist with the recovery as well. If the sprain is more severe you may require surgery.
- Rotator Cuff Tear. Conservative treatment such as rest, ice and physical therapy can help with full recovery of lower grade rotator cuff tears. If your injury is severe with a full or partial tear of the muscle or tendons, surgery may be the most appropriate.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent shoulder pain.