HOW CAN I PREVENT OR AVOID A SHOULDER INJURY DURING ATHLETICS?
Track and field injuries are unfortunately very common as the body is pushed to it’s limits, often in short, sharp spurts. Wearing a Bauerfeind brace or shoulder support during throwing sports like shotput or javelin can reduce your chances of injury through increased stability, proprioception (2) and medical-grade compression. Some of the most common forms of injuries include rotator cuff tendinitis, bursitis and rotator cuff tear. Bauerfeind shoulder braces have a unique design that guides and centres the arm in the socket to ensure a stable shoulder, yet allowing full mobility. A good shoulder brace for athletics includes the OmoTrain, which relieves and supports injured or strained shoulders. This added support will help stabilise your joint without any limitations to movement.
HOW TO TREAT COMMON SHOULDER INJURIES FROM ATHLETICSWe recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common athletics shoulder injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A physiotherapist can assist with the recovery as well. If the sprain is more severe you may require surgery.
- Rotator Cuff Tear. Conservative treatment such as rest, ice and physical therapy can help with full recovery of lower grade rotator cuff tears. If your injury is severe with a full or partial tear of the muscle or tendons, surgery may be the most appropriate.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent shoulder pain.
View this post on Instagram
Get to the cause of the pain, with an #OmoTrain shoulder brace 👈. Our shoulder supports adapt to your body shape to achieve effective stabilisation, release shoulder pressure, and relieve pain! . . . . . #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #sports #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #instapic #sportsware
BEST SHOUDLER BRACES FOR ATHLETICS
A shoulder brace for the relief of injured or strained shoulders. Provides stability for the shoulder joint.
The Omotrain guides and centres the arm in the socket so the shoulder maintains proper natural movement, without impacting your mobility. Strapping runs across back and hips, so it won't impinge upon the chest area. The OmoTrain can be worn on either the left or right shoulder.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear, gentle on your skin and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle.
- Viscoelastic soft pad – Massaging nubs reduce swelling and relieve pain in the soft tissue.
- High elasticity – Makes it easy to put the shoulder support on and take it off.
- Strap system – Secures the brace to your body and centres the shoulder for stability and pain relief.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Less compression at the edges for an optimal and comfortable fit that improves circulation.
- The special chest-free wearing system – leaves the chest area free and does not restrict breathing for excellent wearing comfort.
WILL MY SHOULDER PAIN GO AWAY BY ITSELF?
It may, however, if shoulder pain persists for more than a few days, stop exercise immediately and see a doctor to assess any damage and injury to the area. Painful shoulders can be a sign of something serious.