HOW CAN I PREVENT OR AVOID A SHOULDER INJURY FROM AFL?
The high contact nature of AFL can have a painful effect on your shoulders. Wearing a Bauerfeind brace or elbow support can reduce your chances of an AFL injury by providing enhanced stability, proprioception and moisture-wicking medical-grade compression. Some of the most common forms of injuries include shoulder separation, dislocated shoulder, tendinitis, and bursitis. Bauerfeind shoulder braces have a unique design that guides and centres the arm in the socket to ensure a stable shoulder, yet allowing full mobility. A good shoulder brace for AFL includes the OmoTrain, which relieves injured or strained shoulders. Protect your shoulder so you can stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to handball, hospital kick, and score goals.
HOW TO TREAT COMMON SHOULDER INJURIES FROM AFLWe recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common AFL shoulder injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A physiotherapist can assist with the recovery as well. If the sprain is more severe you may require surgery.
- Dislocation. A Physio is recommended to prescribe proper treatment and ensure complete healing.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.
View this post on Instagram
Great to have Manly Sea Eagles player Brendan Elliot come in earlier this month for some extra support for his shoulder, hamstring and some pretty serious compression gear for recovery 💪 . . . #brendanelliot #manlyseaeagles #rugbyleague #rugby #aussiefootball #bauerfeind #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife #football #league #vip #gym #rugbyplayer #rugbyfamily #sport #rugbylife #workout #nrl
BEST SHOUDLER BRACES FOR AFL
A shoulder brace for the relief of injured or strained shoulders. Provides stability for the shoulder joint.
The Omotrain guides and centres the arm in the socket so the shoulder maintains proper natural movement, without impacting your mobility. Strapping runs across back and hips, so it won't impinge upon the chest area. The OmoTrain can be worn on either the left or right shoulder.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear, gentle on your skin and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle.
- Viscoelastic soft pad – Massaging nubs reduce swelling and relieve pain in the soft tissue.
- High elasticity – Makes it easy to put the shoulder support on and take it off.
- Strap system – Secures the brace to your body and centres the shoulder for stability and pain relief.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Less compression at the edges for an optimal and comfortable fit that improves circulation.
- The special chest-free wearing system – leaves the chest area free and does not restrict breathing for excellent wearing comfort.
SHOULD I SEE A DOCTOR FOR SHOULDER PAIN DURING AFL?
Shoulder pain is quite common for sports like AFL and shoulder injuries can easily be sustained. If pain persists for more than a few days, see a doctor to assess any damage and injury.