HOW AM I ABLE TO PREVENT OR AVOID AN ELBOW INJURY WHEN I PLAY CRICKET?
Whether you bat, bowl or field, there will be a risk of getting an injury. This could be due to overloading your muscles or from high impact trauma. A Bauerfeind elbow brace and support both protects and helps with treatment and recovery through the provision of enhanced stability, proprioception (2) and medical-grade compression.
Bauerfeind elbow braces also help to promote blood flow with the use of our 3D weaved medical grade compression, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces. A good elbow support for cricket includes the EpiPoint Elbow Strap which supports and relieves tendon pain. This added support will help stabilise your joint without experiencing any limitations to batting, bowling and being quick between wickets.
HOW TO TREAT COMMON ELBOW INJURIES FROM CRICKETWe recommend visiting a physiotherapist for treatment and advice on treating common cricket injuries. They may recommend the following treatments.
- Tendinitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Stress Fractures. Consult a sports medicine doctor X-rays. Recommended treatments include rest, anti-inflammatory medication, stretching, and muscle strengthening exercise. Stress fractures take about six weeks to heal.
- Thrower’s Elbow. Similar to Tennis elbow, Thrower’s elbow can be treated through exercise rehabilitation, physiotherapy and medications. Reevaluation of throwing technique will also be useful.
BEST ELBOW BRACES FOR PLAYING CRICKET
An elbow brace for severe and chronic elbow pain such as golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow.
The EpiTrain elbow brace offers scientifically targeted support to relieve symptoms of tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
The brace supports your elbow’s natural movement without impacting mobility.
Two stabilising pads are built into the brace to provide a massaging effect to the inflamed area for pain relief.
Adjustable strap to increase compression for when it's needed most.
- Same version for right and left
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- Reduced compression at edges to help blood flow
An elbow strap to support and relieve tendon pain such as golf and tennis elbow.
The EpiPoint elbow strap has been engineered for targeted relief of the elbow tendon.
The support fastens around the forearm with an adjustable band that lets you set the level of compression. This encourages oxygen and nutrients within the lower arm for healing and pain relief.
- Elastic adjustable band allows dynamic pressure adjustment
- The red warning section indicates excessive pressure
- The same version for right and left
- Universal sizing
The Sports Elbow Support supports the movement of the elbow during sporting activities through gentle, comfortable compression. The elbow support surrounds the upper arm and forearm.
Maximise your performance and minimise your pain with scientifically targeted support of the Sports Elbow Support. Thanks to its knit technology and anatomically shaped functional elements, the Sports Elbow Support ensures stability in the elbow joint and optimal comfort.
- Withstand heavy loads for longer
- Safe and comfortable fit with every movement
- Prevents overloading and injuries
- Breathable, lightweight knit fabric for comfort
- Relieves pain caused by Tennis Elbow or Golfers Elbow
- Durable, toxic-free product
WHY DO MY ELBOWS HURT DURING CRICKET?
Cricket can put load and strain on your elbows and forearms, leading to potential injury and pain. If you get persistent pain, see a doctor to assess any damage and inflammation in your elbows.