HOW CAN I RELIEVE PAIN FROM A SHOULDER IMPINGEMENT?
Shoulder impingement occurs when the tendons of your muscle stabilisers around your joint get trapped and compress during movements. This can be caused through repeated movement of your arm (usually under load), causing the tendon to be stressed under the side of the shoulder blade. This results in inflammation around the area and the individual may experience pain when attempting various arm movements.
Bauerfeind’s high-quality braces and supports are designed with medical-grade compression to target the symptoms that are associated with shoulder impingement. The soft knit delivers the ultimate comfort and has supports embedded to provide an intermittent massage effect for improved circulation. This added support will allow you to continue with doing everyday activities such as reaching for objects with minimal pain and restrictions. The Omotrain is also useful as a brace for shoulder dislocations.
HOW TO TREAT PAIN CAUSED BY SHOULDER IMPINGEMENTS
- Rest. Avoid moving your arms in positions that could aggravate it (e.g. overhead reaching.
- Physical therapy. Your physiotherapist may prescribe you with specific stretching and strengthening exercises to treat the symptoms of shoulder impingement
- Anti-inflammatory medicines. Medications may be prescribed by your doctor to ease pain and inflammation.
- Severe or persistent pain should be investigated by your doctor or physiotherapist.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense or persistent shoulder pain.
View this post on Instagram
Sergio Ramos sure knows how to take good care of his shoulder! We spy a Bauerfeind OmoTrain shoulder brace - suits you well Sergio 👍🏻⚽ Who’s your favourite to win the World Cup final this coming Monday - France 🇫🇷 or Croatia 🇭🇷 ? #bauerfeind #bauerfeindaustralia #sydney #sydneycbd #motionislife #bestincompression #thisiscompression #realcompression #omotrain #sergioramos #ramos #soccer #worldcup2018 #worldcup #spain #france #croatia #shoulders #sport #active
BEST BRACES FOR SHOULDER IMPINGEMENTS
A shoulder brace for the relief of injured or strained shoulders. Provides stability for the shoulder joint.
The Omotrain guides and centres the arm in the socket so the shoulder maintains proper natural movement, without impacting your mobility. Strapping runs across back and hips, so it won't impinge upon the chest area. The OmoTrain can be worn on either the left or right shoulder.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear, gentle on your skin and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle.
- Viscoelastic soft pad – Massaging nubs reduce swelling and relieve pain in the soft tissue.
- High elasticity – Makes it easy to put the shoulder support on and take it off.
- Strap system – Secures the brace to your body and centres the shoulder for stability and pain relief.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Less compression at the edges for an optimal and comfortable fit that improves circulation.
- The special chest-free wearing system – leaves the chest area free and does not restrict breathing for excellent wearing comfort.
CAN I GET SHOULDER IMPINGEMENT FROM OVERUSE?
Overuse of the shoulder in exercises and activities that aren’t sports such as house cleaning are very likely to cause impingement, rather than a traumatic event. It is important to see a doctor as soon as you discover persistent pain in the shoulder.