HOW CAN I RELIEVE PAIN AND DISCOMFORT CAUSED BY PATELLOFEMORAL PAIN SYNDROME?
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS) is a common condition that can affect people of all ages. It refers to pain that is felt in the patellofemoral joint (behind your kneecap) or in the surrounding structures of the knee. Repeated trauma to the area through high impact activities like sports (e.g. volleyball or basketball) can lead to PFPS.
Bauerfeind’s high-quality supports or braces with medical-grade compression target the symptoms of PFPS and provide support and stability. The specially designed knit is exceptionally flexible and comfortable on the skin so that your range of movement is not compromised. You will experience targeted pain relief and protection to allow you to continue with doing the things you love without any major restrictions. The GenuTrain P3 is ideal for patellofemoral pain syndrome is the GenuTrain P3.
HOW TO TREAT PAIN CAUSED BY PATELLOFEMORAL PAIN SYNDROME
- Stop the activity the triggered the pain, and rest the area. Trying to ‘work through’ the pain will only make your symptoms worse and delay healing.
- Do stretching and strengthening exercises, especially for your quadriceps muscles. Your doctor can recommend a physical therapist to teach you what to do.
- Do stretching and strengthening exercises of the hip, knee and gluteal muscles. Your doctor can recommend a physical therapist to teach you what to do.
- Severe or persistent pain should be investigated by your doctor.
View this post on Instagram
👉Is your knee weak, swollen, painful or recovering from an injury? @bauerfeindaustralia GenuTrain knee braces and supports provides active support for relief and stabilization of the knee joint 🦵. . . . . . #bauerfeindaustralia #motionislife #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #sports #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #instapic #bauerfeind
Best Braces For Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
An knee brace for arthritis designed especially for active seniors who need support of complex, chronic arthritic knee pain.
If you suffer from osteoarthritis or degenerative knee pain, the clinically developed GenuTrain A3 knee brace can provide pain relief and targeted support for your knee joint. It is also suitable to treat minor meniscal strains and micro-tears.
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort.
- Expansion zone in the calf area makes it easier to put on.
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement.
An award-winning knee brace that provides targeted support for pain relief and stabilisation of the knee.
If your knee is weak, swollen, painful or recovering from an injury, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain knee brace will help provide you with relief and stability.
- Integrated donning aid allows you to easily put on the knee brace
- Soft hollow of the knee for enhanced wearing comfort
- Three-dimensional active knit for an ideal fit and optimal neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Omega pad improves neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Meniscus wings to help relieve meniscus pain
- Hoffa pads provide pressure relief
- Fits either leg the same version can be used for right and left
- Moisture wicking fabric for all day comfort
An advanced knee brace for pain and misalignment of the kneecap, often caused by injury related to sports
The GenuTrain P3 is ideal for pain caused by misalignment of the kneecap (patellar lateralisation), femoropatellar pain syndrome (anterior knee pain), ACL and MCL injury or pain associated with patellar tip syndrome. Unique 3D weave is breathable, moisture wicking and provides all day comfort.
- Muscle-relaxing pad – Reduces sideways pulling of the kneecap to further reduce pain and relax the muscles with soothing massage
- Corrective guide – Stops your kneecap from drifting outward to relieve discomfort and help healing without loss of mobility.
- Patella cover – Counteracts the tilting of the patella.
- Corrective strap – can be individually adjusted for optimal kneecap control.
- Pad wing – Proximal extension as far as the vastus medialis muscle, and improved proprioception.
- Ring-shaped soft pad – Surrounds the kneecap to center it for stability.
- Wedge-shaped Hoffa soft pads – Two pressure points on the pad relieve strain on the area below the knee, which can frequently cause pain.
Relief for acute pain caused by advanced meniscus tearing, arthritis, instability or MCL injury.
The hinged knee brace was engineered using Bauerfeind’s gradient compression, lateral joint splints and a viscoelastic pad to provide active protection of the knee.
The joint splints guide the knee, providing lateral movement support while keeping the area stable. This improves sensorimotor function for maximum movement control.
- Three-dimensional fabric – Automatically conforms to the body’s natural shape for ideal fit and optimal joint stabilisation.
- Adjustable straps – Lets you control the amount of pressure for a better fit and right amount of support
- Joint side bars – Straps connect directly to side bars for superior stability in the knee and surrounding area.
- Viscoelastic pads – Provides a massage effect during movement.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear and keeps moisture away from the body.
- Reduced pressure at the edges – Prevents constriction.
GENUPOINT KNEE STRAP
A knee strap that provides targeted relief for the patella tendon.
Bauerfeind’s GenuPoint relieves the excess strain on the patellar tendon below the kneecap, helps to ease pain in the front knee, and counteracts the noticeable effects of restricted mobility.
- Velcro strap and be tightened for adjustable compression
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- 3D airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
SHOULD I DO EXERCISE WITH PATELLOFEMORAL PAIN SYNDROME?
Yes. Be sure to be gentle and don’t overwork your legs and knees. Exercises like the straight leg lift that strengthens your upper leg muscles are ideal. It is best to seek medical advice on what exercises to undertake.