HOW AM I ABLE TO PREVENT OR AVOID AN ELBOW INJURY WHEN I PLAY GOLF?
If you have pain on the inside of your elbow you may have golfer’s elbow. Golfer’s elbow is caused by repeated use of the flexor muscles around the elbow. A Bauerfeind elbow brace and support both protects and helps with the treatment through the provision of enhanced stability, proprioception and medical-grade compression. Bauerfeind elbow braces also help to promote blood flow with the use of our 3D weaved medical grade compression, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces. A good brace for golfer’s elbow includes the EpiTrain which delivers targeted relief for severe and chronic elbow pain. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to score a hole-in-one pain free!
HOW TO TREAT A GOLFER’S ELBOW INJURY
We recommend seeking treatment from a physiotherapist for treating a bowls injury. They may recommend one the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery however prevention is always better than cure.
- Tendinitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Stress Fractures. Consult a sports medicine doctor X-rays. Recommended treatments include rest, anti-inflammatory medication, stretching, and muscle strengthening exercise. Stress fractures take about six weeks to heal.
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense and persistent tendonitis pain.
BEST BRACES FOR GOLFER’S ELBOW
An elbow brace for severe and chronic elbow pain such as golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow.
The EpiTrain elbow brace offers scientifically targeted support to relieve symptoms of tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
The brace supports your elbow’s natural movement without impacting mobility.
Two stabilising pads are built into the brace to provide a massaging effect to the inflamed area for pain relief.
Adjustable strap to increase compression for when it's needed most.
- Same version for right and left
- 3D Airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
- Reduced compression at edges to help blood flow
An elbow strap to support and relieve tendon pain such as golf and tennis elbow.
The EpiPoint elbow strap has been engineered for targeted relief of the elbow tendon.
The support fastens around the forearm with an adjustable band that lets you set the level of compression. This encourages oxygen and nutrients within the lower arm for healing and pain relief.
- Elastic adjustable band allows dynamic pressure adjustment
- The red warning section indicates excessive pressure
- The same version for right and left
- Universal sizing