HOW CAN I PROTECT MY ANKLE FROM CHRONIC ANKLE INSTABILITY?
Chronic ankle instability (CAI) is a condition that refers to the constant giving way of the outside part of an ankle when standing, walking or performing weight-bearing activities. It typically develops when the individual affected has experienced multiple ankle sprains that have not properly healed. Common symptoms of CAI include a recurrent turning of the ankle when walking on uneven surfaces, persistent discomfort or swelling, pain or feelings of instability.
Bauerfeind’s high-quality supports or braces with medical-grade compression are designed to enhance ankle stability and provide pain relief. A cushioned pad is embedded to support both the inner and outer parts of the ankle for extra protection. Our special knit material is very gentle on the skin and allows for a comfortable brace to ensure your ankle is stabilise and help prevent risks of falls or reinjury. An ideal ankle brace for instability includes the MalleoTrain S for greater stability and security.
HOW TO TREAT PAIN OR DISCOMFORT CAUSED BY A CHRONIC ANKLE INSTABILITY.
- Do plenty of balance and strengthening exercises for healing and prevent risks of re-injury. Your doctor can recommend a physical therapist to teach you what to do.
- Be more mindful of uneven surfaces and high-intensity weight-bearing activities like sports.
- Cold Packs. Applying cold packs to the affected area may help to provide relief and alleviate swelling in the areas that are feeling pain and discomfort.
- Severe or persistent pain should be investigated by your doctor.
View this post on Instagram
@jaemansalmon wears the MalleoTrain Plus Ankle Support, great for ✔️guiding the foot ✔️ feeling of securing ✔️ reinforcing stability and strength of your ankle 💪 . . . #jaemansalmon #parramattaeels #parraeels #bauerfeindaustralia #bauerfeind #motionislife #rugbyleague #rugby #anklebrace #malleotrain #anklesupport #ankles #footy #aussiefootball
Best Braces For Chronic Ankle Instability
An ankle brace for stabilising twisted and sprained ankles.
The MalleoTrain Plus lightweight ankle brace stabilises the foot following twists or sprains, as well as in cases of ligament weakness and overloading during sport.
- Three-dimensional active knit - for a perfect fit.
- Anatomical shape - Conforms to your body for gentle compression that keeps your ankle in place and improves circulation.
- Viscoelastic cushions - Increase your comfort with soft pads while stabilizing the ankle and reducing pain and swelling.
- Three-level strap system - Stabilizes the ankle joint in all directions. An effective alternative to ankle taping or wrapping to keep the ankle and foot in place.
- Soft knit fabric - Breathable knit is comfortable to wear and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle, which helps maintain its elasticity and original fit.
- Reduced pressure at the edges - prevents constriction.
An ankle support for improved contact with the ground and a more secure ankle joint.
Thanks to its individually adjustable strap system, the MalleoTrain S Open Heel acts like a functional tape bandage. The strap is fastened around the foot in a figure-of-eight pattern, connecting the mid and hind foot with the lower leg to support your ankle in all directions.
- Reduced pressure at the edges prevents constriction.
- Three-dimensional active knit ensures a perfect fit.
- Cut-out for better ground contact.
- 3-level strap system - works like a functional tape bandage, stabilizes the ankle‘s planes of movement, counteracts supination, binds the midfoot with the distal lower leg with a vertical figure of eight.
- Breathable active knit gentle on the skin and extremely comfortable to wear.
- Reduced pressure at the edges to prevent constriction
Active achilles ankle support with an integrated heel cushion to brace and provide pain relief of the Achilles tendon.
The ankle brace provides a threefold therapeutic effect: it relieves Achilles tendon pain, distributes pressure evenly to reduce impact, and produces a soothing massage effect that helps prevent fluid build-up.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Ensures a comfortable fit without constricting movement, bunching or slipping. Improves circulation.
- Three-dimensional Train active knit – For a perfect fit.
- Contoured insert – Running along the Achilles tendon, the pad distributes the pressure uniformly.
- High elasticity – Makes the support easy to put on and take off.
- Stretchy knit material – Breathable and comfortable fabric is machine-washable in the gentle cycle, which helps maintain its elasticity and original fit.
- Heel wedge cushion - Sits under the heel for added pain relief.
- Universal - Same version can be used for both the right and left foot.
HOW CAN I REDUCE PAIN FROM ANKLE INSTABILITY?
Strengthen the ligaments and muscles around and inside your ankles so that they better support your ankle joints. Simple rotation and balance exercises will help with strengthening. If pain persists, seek medical help.