BEST ANKLE BRACE FOR BASKETBALL
Fast, speedy movement such as ankle breaker dribbles and high impact jumps such as layup shots put pressure on the ankle and make it prone to injury. Investing in an ankle brace while playing basketball can minimise your risk of injury and stabilise your movements. A Sports Ankle Performance brace or a Malleotrain provides graduated compression which can promote reabsorption of edemas and promote circulation in the ankle to prevent injuries. The breathable and moisture-wicking fabric makes it an excellent brace for basketball as it evaporates off the sweat while playing basketball. If you are recovering from an injury, Bauerfeind ankle braces for Recovery offer solutions for each indication such as Achilles heel, mild to severe ankle sprains.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON ANKLE INJURIES IN BASKETBALL?
Due to the jumping and high-speed lateral movements in basketball, the ankle is at the high risk of injury in basketball. Furthermore, the hard playing court increases the impact of the movement on the ankle. Ankle sprains contribute to the most common injury. Depending on the level of damage to the ankle ligament, the three grades of ankle sprains are:
- Grade 1: Mild sprain. Soreness and mild swelling.
- Grade 2: Moderate sprain with a partial ligament tear. Swelling for a couple of days, ankle is very painful.
- Grade 3: Severe sprain with a complete ligament tear. Heavy swelling and severe pain in the ankle joint.
Other commonly caused ankle injuries include ankle fractures and ankle tendinitis.
View this post on Instagram
@officialsydneykings gearing up with our performance line at our flagship store in Sydney🏀. Semi-finals in Sydney, March 3rd at Qudos Bank Arena. Sydney Kings vs Melbourne UTD. Good luck boys 🙌. . . . . . . #sports #football #training #bauerfeindaustralia #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #sportswear #basketball #nba
The Best Ankle Braces for playing Basketball
Unparalleled comfort, breathability and durability. Protect your ankle from sprains and twists while playing basketball.
Improve your endurance and reduce the risk of sprains while running up and down the court with the stabilising Sports Ankle Support.
The extremely lightweight and hard-wearing Sports Ankle Support features an innovative taping strap, which supports the ligaments and protects your ankle against sprains, hyper-extension, and twisting.
An ankle brace for treatment of a sore ankle following injury, surgery or due to arthritis.
The MalleoTrain ankle brace employs scientifically targeted support to reinforce the stability and strength of your ankle joint. It delivers medical grade compression to improve your circulation which fastens the healing process. Two soft pads are integrated on each side which become active as you move by massaging the ankle joint to reduce swelling.
- 3D Airknit technology provides moisture-wicking, breathable comfort
- Compression reduced edges divert pressure at ends
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
An active ankle support for greater stability and security during physical activity.
Thanks to its individually adjustable strap system, the MalleoTrain S acts like a functional tape bandage. The strap is fastened around the foot in a figure-of-eight pattern, connecting the mid and hind foot with the lower leg to support your ankle in all directions.
- 3D Airknit design for moisture-wicking, breathable comfort
- Ideal to wear during sports
- Gradient compression engineering for a faster healing process
Active achilles ankle support with an integrated heel cushion to brace and provide pain relief of the Achilles tendon.
The ankle brace provides a threefold therapeutic effect: it relieves Achilles tendon pain, distributes pressure evenly to reduce impact, and produces a soothing massage effect that helps prevent fluid build-up.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Ensures a comfortable fit without constricting movement, bunching or slipping. Improves circulation.
- Three-dimensional Train active knit – For a perfect fit.
- Contoured insert – Running along the Achilles tendon, the pad distributes the pressure uniformly.
- High elasticity – Makes the support easy to put on and take off.
- Heel wedge cushion - Sits under the heel for added pain relief.
- Universal - Same version can be used for both the right and left foot.
A premium brace that provides a supportive massaging effect to soothe chronic pain, irritation and inflammation of the achilles tendon.
The AchilloTrain Pro Achilles support combines the best in German medical engineering and medical-grade compression to provide you with added stability and pain relief of the Achilles tendon.
This ankle support features a unique wing shaped pad which massages your muscles and tendon every time you move, helping to reduce inflammation and pain.
SHOULD YOU WEAR AN ANKLE BRACE WHEN PLAYING BASKETBALL?
Investing in a good ankle brace to prevent an injury which can keep you on the sidelines for months is beneficial. Basketball has one of the highest rates of ankle injuries. Research has found that when players wore a stabilising lace-up ankle brace, they were 68% less likely to become injured than those who did not.