HOW AM I ABLE TO PREVENT OR AVOID AN ANKLE INJURY WHEN I PLAY BASKETBALL?
A Bauerfeind ankle brace, such as the Malleotrain, will help basketball ankle injuries. According to professional athletic trainers for the NBATA, wearing a Bauerfeind brace or knee support can minimise your chances of injury (1) by providing enhanced stability, proprioception (2) and medical-grade compression.
Some of the most common forms of injury while playing basketball include jumper’s knee, fractures, ACL and MCL tears and inflammation. Bauerfeind ankle braces help to promote blood flow with the use of our 3D weaved medical grade compression, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to dribble down a court or complete your next layup.
HOW TO TREAT A BASKETBALL ANKLE INJURY
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery however prevention is always better than cure.
- Tendinitis. Rarely does this condition require surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Runner’s Knee. This is the common name for patellofemoral pain syndrome. This is often due to abnormal mechanics caused by problems close to the knee, forcing the patella to bump against the femoral groove. We recommend speaking with a running specific physiotherapist, they will usually review your running form as well tissue and musculature.
View this post on Instagram
@officialsydneykings gearing up with our performance line at our flagship store in Sydney🏀. Semi-finals in Sydney, March 3rd at Qudos Bank Arena. Sydney Kings vs Melbourne UTD. Good luck boys 🙌. . . . . . . #sports #football #training #bauerfeindaustralia #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #sportswear #basketball #nba
The Best Ankle Braces for playing Basketball
Unparalleled comfort, breathability and durability. Protect your ankle from sprains and twists while playing basketball.
Improve your endurance and reduce the risk of sprains while running up and down the court with the stabilising Sports Ankle Support.
The extremely lightweight and hard-wearing Sports Ankle Support features an innovative taping strap, which supports the ligaments and protects your ankle against sprains, hyper-extension, and twisting.
An ankle brace for treatment of a sore ankle following injury, surgery or due to arthritis.
The MalleoTrain ankle brace employs scientifically targeted support to reinforce the stability and strength of your ankle joint. It delivers medical grade compression to improve your circulation which fastens the healing process. Two soft pads are integrated on each side which become active as you move by massaging the ankle joint to reduce swelling.
- 3D Airknit technology provides moisture-wicking, breathable comfort
- Compression reduced edges divert pressure at ends
- Anatomically shaped for a secure fit and freedom of movement
An active ankle support for greater stability and security during physical activity.
Thanks to its individually adjustable strap system, the MalleoTrain S acts like a functional tape bandage. The strap is fastened around the foot in a figure-of-eight pattern, connecting the mid and hind foot with the lower leg to support your ankle in all directions.
- 3D Airknit design for moisture-wicking, breathable comfort
- Ideal to wear during sports
- Gradient compression engineering for a faster healing process
Active achilles ankle support with an integrated heel cushion to brace and provide pain relief of the Achilles tendon.
The ankle brace provides a threefold therapeutic effect: it relieves Achilles tendon pain, distributes pressure evenly to reduce impact, and produces a soothing massage effect that helps prevent fluid build-up.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Ensures a comfortable fit without constricting movement, bunching or slipping. Improves circulation.
- Three-dimensional Train active knit – For a perfect fit.
- Contoured insert – Running along the Achilles tendon, the pad distributes the pressure uniformly.
- High elasticity – Makes the support easy to put on and take off.
- Heel wedge cushion - Sits under the heel for added pain relief.
- Universal - Same version can be used for both the right and left foot.
A premium brace that provides a supportive massaging effect to soothe chronic pain, irritation and inflammation of the achilles tendon.
The AchilloTrain Pro Achilles support combines the best in German medical engineering and medical-grade compression to provide you with added stability and pain relief of the Achilles tendon.
This ankle support features a unique wing shaped pad which massages your muscles and tendon every time you move, helping to reduce inflammation and pain.
SHOULD YOU WEAR AN ANKLE BRACE WHEN PLAYING BASKETBALL?
Basketball has one of the highest rates of ankle injuries, thus it is beneficial to invest in one. Research found that when players wore a stabilising lace-up ankle brace, they were 68% less likely to become injured than those who did not.