BEST BASKETBALL WRIST BRACES TO PREVENT AND TREAT WRIST INJURY
Wrist and hand injuries are some of the most common injuries when playing basketball. Wearing a Bauerfeind wrist brace, such as the ManuTrain Wrist Support or Sports Wrist Strap will help prevent basketball wrist injuries. The braces and supports provide enhanced stability for the wrist joint and improves the body's proprioception. This reduces the risk of injury. They also provide relief from chronic wrist pain.
The medical-grade compression in Bauerfeind wrist supports improves blood flow and depletes lactic acid aiding in a speedy recovery after a workout. To reduce fatigue and inflammation of the arm, consider using a Shooting Sleeve.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON WRIST INJURIES IN BASKETBALL?
The most common wrist injury in basketball is sprains. Basketball players are at high risk of wrist sprains due to dribbling to passing to catching on the court. Despite sprains being the most common injury, other wrist and hand injuries include:
- Wrist Fractures: A fracture may be a complete break or a partial break of a bone in the wrist. These can occur from falling.
- Hand or Finger Fractures: These tiny bones can break easily when playing basketball. These can occur when a player goes to catch the ball.
- Mild Jammed Finger: Jammed fingers can occur easily on the court and usually doesn't require too much attention. If it is a severe jam it might mean the finger or hand could be fractured.
Always seek medical attention if you think you have done damage when playing basketball.
View this post on Instagram
@officialsydneykings gearing up with our performance line at our flagship store in Sydney🏀. Semi-finals in Sydney, March 3rd at Qudos Bank Arena. Sydney Kings vs Melbourne UTD. Good luck boys 🙌. . . . . . . #sports #football #training #bauerfeindaustralia #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #sportswear #basketball #nba
The Best Wrist Braces for playing Basketball
Provide comfort and stability to painful wrists.
The ManuTrain wrist brace combines superior compression and medical engineering to provide support and relief for chronic wrist pain and inflammation.
- Comfort zone between thumb and index finger for gripping
- 3D airknit technology provides breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Velcro strap can tighten for greater relief
A thumb splint for stabilisation of the thumb saddle.
If you’re suffering from a jammed thumb, trigger thumb or arthritis the RhizoLoc thumb splint will offer effective stabilisation and relief.
The orthosis boasts an individually adaptable aluminum stay which stabilises the thumb saddle. This allows for optimal healing of the affected ligaments.
The RhizoLoc sits securely in an anatomically correct and comfortable position on the hand for effective therapy.